Sign in to follow this  
Booze

[GUIDE]Mapping Tools

Here you can find a complete guide on how to use the different Mapping Tools and ofcourse how to install them. Enjoy ;)

[Introduction]

To begin with I want you to know that this Guide is not only for those who want to get into mapping but also for those who still got open questions about some Mapping Tools. Always remember that you need to put effort and time into good Maps, so if you're not patient enough don't start mapping or you Maps won't be the best. I hope this Guide will help you a bit and maybe also to get more people into mapping :D

I will include youtube tutorials, where you're mostly able to download the tool but I will also offer you a seperate download.

+++ how to make a good map in my mind (don't open the spoiler if you don't want to know my opinion).

Spoiler

Always remember to keep the Object-Count low to prevent loading issues. Therefore don't use too many decorative objects nor a object-multiplier of 2893482. Also try not to let decoration interfere with track. Track is always more important. If the track isn't driveable because of decoration, the Map isn't enjoyable. And don't forget to map as smooth as possible. Try to avoid unnecessary bounces and co because they will fuck people up aswell. Always think about what the people want.

And by the way. Scaled and Non-Collidable Objects don't work in SAMP.

I might make another Guide on how to make proper maps as long as I find time for that.

Usually people on SAMP don't like maps so don't be triggered if they flame. Also if they don't get how parts work they are easily triggered (love you all :x).

[How to install]

Spoiler

1. Download it ;)

2. Now move the .zip into MTA San Andreas 1.5\server\mods\deathmatch\resources

3. That's pretty much everything, but i recommend to make a '[tools]' folder in 'resources' and place them in there so you dont mix them up with the maps you're creating.

Also most of them will work without unpacking them. Nevertheless I unpacked all of them but I am not sure why :ph34r: could be possible that some tools won't work without unpacking, so if they don't work       the first time try unpacking them.

[Tools]

I'll start with the tools which I mostly use nowadays but also implement older tools for those who like it nostalgic. (Download, Tutorial etc can be found in the spoilers)

1. Arezu's Mapping Tool aka AMT

Spoiler

To start it type /start amt -> the GUI is opened by pressing F7

Basic Tutorial +++ Duplicator Tutorial +++ Preview of Arezu (latest version)

What needs to be mentioned first is:

• The newest version of AMT doesn't have a preview anymore so I won't recommend it if you just started mapping.

----This means there is no review as in Netools anymore. It's pretty useful to be honest not sure why it has been removed on the recent update. Also I am not sure if you can toggle it somewhere on the             new version. If someone knows anything about that please tell me.

• BUT its newest feature is a big advantage (Additional Rotation).
  • To delete your previous actions type /des.

3aw1lUX.png

• First of all the Duplicator. I don't think there is anything to be explained but feel free to ask. Just be sure that the elements which you use to duplicate are in line.
  • Also if you have AMT and Netools opened at the same time both duplicators will duplicate even though you only use one of them. Which basically means every Duplication is doubled.                      (delete those to prevent loading issues)

6wcJlVR.png

AMT's Generator is a bit more complex but if you want to create awesome tracks it's the perfect tool.

• Loops:   How long the Jump/Loop/Wallride will be. You can also go below 1 (for example 0.2 or even 0.0001).
  • Radius:  Defines the width of your loop.
  • Objects: It's pretty much the Object-Multiplier. By putting a higher count then 1 in the second textfield you will increase the objects. To decrease them go below 1.                                                                  (I also recommed to leave 'Autocount objects' marked)
  • Offset:   This function is used to let the loop go sideways. To let it go the opposite direction use negative numbers.

After setting all these simply press 'Generate' and then 'Save'.

--------------Those are the basic functions.

• IMPORTANT +++ rotation-functions can only be use after generating. After choosing you settings press 'Generate' as usual. BUT don't press 'Save' right afterwards because you need to change the                         additional/continuous rotation after 'Generate' and before 'Save' +++

Additional rotation

• adds the SAME rotation to every object that will be created.
  • use this to create nice oneshades, steep wallrides or loops.

Continuous rotation

• continuously INCREASES the rotation from the first to the last object.
  • use this to create oneshades where you continuously need to steer to stay in the middle. Or create track which leads from straight horizontal track into a wallride.

I guess you should figure these functions out yourself. I will give you a few screenshots as examples.

Additional

Skz9HA4.png

Continuous

6whh9yO.jpg

2. NeXTreme's Editor Tools aka Netools

Spoiler

To start it type /start netools -> the GUI is opened by pressing SHIFT+R

Basic Tutorial

• In Netools you can pretty much do everything. But I don't recommend to use its movementrecorder nor its scripting tools.
  • Most important in Netools is that you can save and load warps. To do so simply press ''J'' to save a warp and ''K'' to load it while testing.
  • Ofcourse you can use it to create Loops, Wallrides and so on but AMT is way better to handle. I don't want to explain those tools too detailed, so I will only write something to the functions which  might be confusing.
  • 'Clear preview' is used to get rid of the half-invisible loop-previews. Use 'Undo' to remove you latest action.

OU9YuOY.png

• The Spacing Modifier is pretty much like the Object-Multiplier in AMT. To increase the objectcount go below 1 (0.3 or whatever). To decrease do the opposite.

fkSRaT9.png

• Nothing to mention here. If you got any questions just ask.

v0It5Zy.png

• Same as AMT. Don't forget that there will be 2 copies of every duplicated object because AMT and Netools will create duplications.

oxyIrS7.png

• This tool is usefull if you reach the ''Mapping-Border'' or the mainland. It moves your whole map.
  • PAY ATTENTION TO THE WARNING !
  • Also remember to change the coordinates in velos, as long as you got any.

3. Movementrecorder by Dr.CrazY - (You could also use THIS recording tool by PewX if you like but I prefer MRT)

Spoiler

To start it type /start movementrecorder -> To open the GUI press CTRL+M

I didn't find a good tutorial but HERE it's used in a AMT Tutorial

z0xNQX3.png

• while testing your map press ''R'' to start and stop the record. The record will also be automatically stopped when you die or stop the test.
  • press ''Clean'' to get rid of your record while you're not testing.

PpUitDb.png

• The most important setting in MRT is the 'Test key'. Always keep the 'Vehicle points'.

60DTsFM.jpg

+++ This is how it looks whith default settings +++

• Groundline is created while the wheels touch any kind of solid ground.
  • Airline shows your airtime.
  • Vehiclepoints save your car position every now and then.

While being in 'Fix Mode' move your cursor on the Vehiclepoints and press 'V'. Now you can use the car to create smooth landings!

4. nGear's Grouping Tool aka NGT

Spoiler

To start it type /start ngt -> The GUI is opened by pressing F10

Basic Tutorial by nGear

To use NGT you need to select the objects first. That's done by press J while clicking on the objects in the fix mode. They'll become transparent when selected. Afterwards open the GUI and select what you want to do. You can change the function of NGT by pressing 'Previous' and 'Next' in the top corners. By pressing 'Unselect all' you will unselect all recently selected Objects. 'Undo' revokes you recent Action.

fdnVPQT.png

• 'Auto-unselect?' unselects all selected objects right after the action.
  • 'Move selected objects?' is the oldest function of this tool (as i know). To use it simply select a few objects and then click on the object which was selected at first. Then move it around with your arrows (To be honest I am not sure how good it works because I usually don't use it).

IDE7ruC.png

• Simply write the Object-ID of the Object you want into the textfield and press 'Action' -> Example: You select every 5th shade of a grey wallride. Then type 8558 in the textfield and press 'Action'.    Now every 5th shade in your wallride is dark brown. (which makes it look sexier ;))

h9nWaqh.png

• With this function you can make many objects invisble or visible at once. To make them invisble remove the mark from 'Visible?' then press 'Action'. Making them visible again is possible aswell but once you unselected all not that easy as you might guess. That's why I recommend that you should be 100% sure before making objects invisible with NGT. Otherwise you can search for invisible objects to delete :D

VYTB9ix.png

• NGT also has a cover function but I only use it for the light brown shades (8838) because Autoshade doesn't support them. Covers on the y-axis won't work for 8838 because they're smaller then 8558 and 3458.
  • 'Front?' and 'Back?' are the covers on the x-axis
  • 'Left?' and 'Right?' are the covers on the y-axis
  • 'Bottom?' obviously covers the bottom-side of the selected shades

DacAvUA.png

• Last but not least you can delete multiplte objects at once.

5. Mirage's Magic Tool aka MMT

Spoiler

To start it type /start mmt -> Has no GUI (therefore no screen :D)

This one is rather simple. To copy the objects you just press W,A,S or D while you're in the fix mode. It works for most important objects like the basic Shades (8558,3458,8838), the Ballypillar, the Road (18450), the nbb (grey square) and many more. You can also toggle it by pressing CTRL+X to avoid placing mcopies accidently.

6. Autoshade by Gr0x

Spoiler

To start it type /start autoshade -> The GUI is opened by pressing SHIFT+G

V2ReZUD.png

That should be pretty self explainatory but for those who still got some questions

• It only works for the grey (3458) and darker brown (8558) shades. The lighter brown shade (8838) isn't supported.
  • To create the covers simply select a shade you'd like to cover and press G. (You need to be in fix mode)
  • To select how you want the covers you can use the presets of Gr0x on the top left. You can also just select the buttons on the right if you want to make more specific covers.
  • Lighter object and Darker object sets which shades are used to cover.
  • Remember that Crate-Covers won't work in SAMP because they're scaled. 

--- And here are a few more, mostly older tools.

Spoiler

Mirage's Object Controller (Basically MMT but different :ph34r:)

Bauss' Mapping Toolbox (Old af, you can duplicate, generate loops and wallrides)

Roller Coaster Generator (Old af and I am not sure if the downloads on MTA Wiki are still working)

I am too lazy to also explain those. If you got any questions just ask.

[DOWLOAD]

• Like 3